Friday, December 26, 2008

WYOMING!
























































Last Friday we were supposed to make a trip to WY (where Whit and I grew up) to see Whit's family. A big storm hit so we waited. The next morning we were still getting snow but Salt Lake City was clear so we decided to head that direction and follow I-80 home. We did. The roads weren't terribly bad but I'm quite the whimp when it comes to icy roads with blowing snow. Wyoming is famous for ground blizzards that wreak havoc on the roads. Whitney is a brave and excellent driver. We made it safe along with Whitney's sister and her family.

We had so much fun playing games, eating good food, and enjoying each other's company. We had beds all over Whitney's mom's house. It was so fun to stay together under one roof - 14 of us! Whitney's mom helped Shannon fix the quilt she had been working on (Whit's mom is an excellent quilter!) Whitney's grandmother is 91 years old and lives in the same town. It was so good to spend some time with her this Christmas. Whitney's sister also brought up her Wii. My kids absolutely adore playing Wii since they feel so deprived not to own one. We discovered the boxing game helps the kids get out much of their pent-up aggression in a good way. It was fun watching them.

We stayed three days then prepared for the drive home. Most of you who know me well know that I am a worrier --- I know, I know, WHY worry?? I tell myself that everytime I worry. I stop and ask myself "Is this something I can change? If so, do it! If not, then WHY worry? Have faith and trust in higher hands" but I still worry. It attacks like a pack of wolves on the kill. What can I say? I'm a work in progress and will continue to work on this one. I think that's why I've been blessed with six children. They are constantly helping me to develop patience and perserverence. I sure love that about them!! The roads were somewhat better until we hit Ogden Canyon and it was a white-out. Whitney again proved most excellent in his driving skills and of course, prayer helped significantly as well - we made it home safely only to get stuck in our own driveway that needed shoveling. At least we were home safe and sound.
I stuck in some pictures of the roads before the white-out and also some of our fun with Whit's family. There's also some rogue pictures of Braden's Kindergarten Program. I was so proud that I FINALLY remembered my camera BUT I forgot to blog an entry on that one. I'm learning!

No comments:

PUGH UNIVERSITY

PUGH UNIVERSITY
Students currently enrolled