Friday, December 26, 2008

I join the Ranks!
















Happy Post-Christmas Everyone! I hope this morning finds you all sleeping in from your Christmas sugar high. We are up because it's garbage day and our garbage man comes at 7:30 AM. We also awoke to a foot of snow. Yes - it was a white Christmas. Now to shovel the stuff. (Actually, we have a very VERY good Home Teacher who owns a four-wheeler with a plow! - I also helped him get it "un-stuck" thanks to the skills my brother Kevin taught me at Lake Powell when I lodged his 4-wheeler into a big sand bar - THANKS KEVIN!)



I hope everyone had a tremendously wonderful Christmas filled with warm and happy memories. We had our traditional Christmas eve dinner then watched "The Nativity Story" movie (for those of you who haven't seen it, it's the best!). We then watched "A Christmas Story" movie (the best Christmas classic!) and on Christmas we went to see Disney's "Bedtime Stories". What can I say??? We LOVE stories and movies! We played games all day and . . . you guessed it - We went on an ANTI- weight watcher crusade by engaging in the continuous consumption of Christmas confection! (Can you say alliteration!) It was wonderful! We had so much fun playing the game Luck of the Draw. Each person draws a picture and then you draw cards to vote on which drawing is the best based on what is written on the card. It is hilarious !(Hint: It also allows you a brief glimpse into the minds of your children) Thanks Scott for recommending this game! Our favorite gifts are the matching PUGH UNIVERSITY shirts. Yes, this home is an "institution" - one where we learn and grow and are filled with the hope of going out into the world to make it a better place. It's also tuition free but requires a special dedication and love. Anyone wishing to enroll is welcome!






Now to explain the title of this blog entry. I received an ipod shuffle for Christmas. I'm not much for technology (you laugh since I have a blog) but I instantly fell in love with this gadget. Oldest daughter, Kaylee, helped me download all my "oldie" favorites and even though I found 70 songs I absolutely love, I still have room for 200 more! Can you imagine??? I can listen to it while I work, while I exercise, and best of all - when my children are arguing!! It's truly amazing! I will close this entry but stay tuned for some retrospection as I post another blog about our trip to the great state of Wyoming! Have a safe holiday week ya'all!!

1 comment:

DeGooyer Family said...

Hi guys! LOVE the photos! Glad you had a nice Christmas - we did, too! =)

PUGH UNIVERSITY

PUGH UNIVERSITY
Students currently enrolled