Saturday, December 13, 2008

It's Here!!!











Our first official snow and even before the first official day of winter! This is really good since we have only had 3 inches so far and usually we have 22 by the end of December. We got about 8 inches today (so far). Braden is thrilled as he has been praying for snow (I think many here in UT are - it's the state's livelyhood). Now the Christmas music really sinks into my heart. For some reason the snow makes it official - It truly is Christmas! I'm so glad it's Saturday - we are just staying put - baking cookies, watching Christmas Carol, and sipping our hot cocoa! This happened last Christmas Eve and it was the best Christmas present ever. Whitney hitches up the sleds to our Suburban, puts it in 4-wheel drive and takes the kids across the street to the church parking lot before the plows get there. The kids have a blast getting a face full of the frosty stuff. Happy winter - Ya'all!!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Oh, that looks so fun...but only for a day -- then I need my sunshine. My kids think differently. Maybe I'll send them up to Idaho for college so they can appreciate our nice winters. Personally, I think all that time living in Wyoming and Idaho did me in. So drink some hot cocoa for me cuz we're doing yard work and preparing for our blistering cold weather to hit us tomorrow - high's in 50's burrrrr!!!

DeGooyer Family said...

Looks SO fun!! I wish it would snow here more - we are getting an ice storm tonight - yikes!

PUGH UNIVERSITY

PUGH UNIVERSITY
Students currently enrolled