Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Holiday Traditions











When December arrives, it's a mad dash to get the Christmas decorations up. My children want to savor every second in the Christmas spirit. We have many traditions, one of which I had as a child. We start Dec. 1st and sit by the light of the Christmas tree and one small candle. We read a scripture from the Bible about the life of the Savior and then we read a story, sing a Christmas song then blow out the candle. The kids absolutely love this and it draws our family closer for one month out of the year. This year I am starting to get more emotional as I watch my older children. Kaylee will be a senior next year and then . . . well you know. Things change once they start leaving home. I remember many wise adults telling me to enjoy every minute with my children when they were young because they grow fast. The older they get, the faster they do grow and this was very sage advice even though at the time I felt the dirty diapers and sleepless nights would never end. (By the way - teenagers help you revisit those sleepless nights!) I guess at this time of year I just want to share how grateful I am to be a mother of six wonderful children who teach me much more than I can imagine and who help me to remember what really matters in life. I'm also grateful for traditions so that we can share time together and form memories that will never be taken from us. Merry Christmas everyone! We hope the holiday spirit catches you with that warmth this time of year brings!!








1 comment:

DeGooyer Family said...

Hi Stacey! LOVE the decorations! You have always been such a good decorator. Hope you guys are all doing well! =)

PUGH UNIVERSITY

PUGH UNIVERSITY
Students currently enrolled