Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Break is Official!


I'm writing? No- I'm typing on my blog this evening instead of pulling my hair out spending a "white knuckle" night driving to Wyoming on icy roads to see my in-laws. Another wonderful storm has hit the area with more snow than last week! We are hoping the weather improves for driving tomorrow but will stay put for now.


The kids and I decided to have our annual "Scrooge Party" tonight. We spend the night sleeping in front of the Christmas tree watching . . . You guessed it - A Christmas Carol (The one with Patrick Stewart). We just love this tradition. The kids are all on a sugar high from their class parties at school and over the wall with excitement that they have two weeks vacation from homework and studies. Some moms would cringe at the thought of two weeks filled with sugar and no place to go, not me --- I relish every minute (well, maybe not the teasing moments)! I'm glad we have a break from carpools, ball games, scouts, geography bee, etc. . . let the fun begin!


3 comments:

Teresa said...

What a fun mom you are, Stacey! I'm also looking forward to the break from the school routine. Good luck on the drive to Wyoming tomorrow!

DeGooyer Family said...

Have a fun Christmas break! We'll be thinking about you guys. Oh, and don't forget, we brought your gifts when we were there in June. =) (I think you put them in your coat closet.) Love you all!! -Alana

The DeGooyer Tetrad said...

We watched A Christmas Carol also this evening only we watched the one with George C. Scott. (Love the last name) We also saw the one with Patrick Stewart 2 nights ago and we must say that we like the one with George C. Scott tons better. I think you will too.

PUGH UNIVERSITY

PUGH UNIVERSITY
Students currently enrolled