Saturday, August 22, 2009

Teachers are Awesome!


OK - you knew you'd hear it but. . . Teachers are Awesome! After spending a week of faculty meetings, committee meetings, district meetings, and getting my classroom ready --- School started! I had an appreciation for teachers but it grows as I spend countless hours in the classroom decorating, labeling, organizing, planning, and gathering assessment information. No complaints as I seem to have a wonderful staff to work with. They have been supportive and offered both advice and handouts to use. My kids were patient as well (THANKS GUYS!!).

We started this last Thursday on a HOT day (we have no air conditioning and my classroom faces west). I have 26 students and they will be wonderful to work with (Crossing my fingers). Kaylee, Kendall, Shan, Wes, and Braden also enjoyed their first days of school. After signing all the syllabii and info papers, I think we need to revisit the paper reduction act. The kids are grateful to be back with friends, but not grateful for the early mornings and homework. I will only gripe once on this blog about the cost of public education -- class fees, purchasing textbooks, and other various expenses. OUCH! But it comes once a year and must be necessary - Right??!!

Whitney brought me a flower and balloon for my first day and took a picture then he went and ate lunch with Weslie. I'm glad she's at the age where she's excited to have her mother in the same building. (Not sure the older three would feel the same). Happy schooling ya'all!

2 comments:

DeGooyer Family said...

SO HAPPY that things are going well so far!!! Best wishes on a great and successful year! =) XOOX, Alana

Wills Family Blog said...

Stacey what school and grade are you teaching? Good luck on your first year! I just took classes this summer to recertify next year. You will be a great teacher!

PUGH UNIVERSITY

PUGH UNIVERSITY
Students currently enrolled