Thursday, June 4, 2009

Whew!

OK - Busy week, I feel like a broken record. Because so many of you are my family, I will give you a quick "run-down" since this is the main way we keep in touch (sad but realistic).



Kaylee went to senior ball with a really nice young man. Those from WY will LOVE the "duds" he's wearing. I didn't get a picture of his cowboy boots but they were very fancy (they even had hair!). No - he's not from WY, he's from here - UTAH!


Braden had Kindergarten graduation. I will surely miss my half-day with him next year. It has been so fun to help with his class and have him home for part of the day!
Weslie Presented her UTAH program which the 4th grade does every year. I just love the state song. (Landon must also as he keeps humming the tune.)



Weslie and Shannon had their spring piano recitals. I didn't post the video as I didn't get a good recording but both did an excellent job. (I hope they keep it up and don't quit like their mother did!!!)

The kids had their last day of school today!! So they are out floating the canal while I type. Hooray - - - SUMMER!!! We still need to make cookies and watch a movie tonight to celebrate (Tradition).

Last weekend (Friday night) we took some roasting sticks and went up Green Canyon to enjoy a cook out with a few ward friends. Braden accidentally fell into the fire and burned one arm. We took him to the ER thinking it looked pretty bad, they sent us up to the burn center at U of U in SLC, UT. We are watching the burn closely this week to determine if more needs to be done. We are hopeful all will go well. I take him back up to U of U tomorrow (Kendall's 16th B-Day!!!) SHHHHHHH - the neighbor girl and several other kids from Marching Band are throwing him a surprise party. I'll post more on that later...

I have some news - I will be teaching half-day next year with a great teacher at Weslie's Elementary school (Greenville Elem: Grades 3-5). I will be teaching 4th grade - I'm so excited!! I was able to go and meet my future students today. Now the fun of developing my curriculum and organizing my classroom begins. Any pointers???

Check out Greenville at http://www.ccsdut.org/Greenville


Now for a final note -- Just had to post a picture of our new pet (the kids wish!). Actually, I just had to post this picture to make you all laugh. Laughing burns calories so make sure you take time to engage in this EVERY DAY!!

3 comments:

The DeGooyer Tetrad said...

I can't believe how "big" all your kids are getting! I sure do miss them. You will make a wonderful teachers. I'm sure no pointers are necessary! Teaching is awesome - but exhausting! I have some songs you might like?!
Sundy

DeGooyer Family said...

WOW - how exciting!!!! I know you will do great! =) Sounds like you all have been busy, but aren't we all. =) Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!! XOXO

Teresa said...

Wow, what a busy week for your family. Sorry to hear about your son falling in the fire...big OUCH - but glad it wasn't more serious. And congrats on your new teaching job -- no doubt you do a fabulous job!

PUGH UNIVERSITY

PUGH UNIVERSITY
Students currently enrolled