Tuesday, May 26, 2009

In the Merry Month of May . . .


Believe it or not, this month is soon coming to a close. I still think it's April so what does that say???! For mothers, May is "merry" because it's jammed full of fun events. I have been on field trips, to plays, graduations, game finals, and exit interviews. The kids are happy because they can see an end in sight for this school year and I am happy because they are happy!

Now . . . to be a little random (those of you who know me aren't surprised). . . A word on dirt! I love gardening. I think I inherited this trait from a dear grandmother of mine?? Anyway, we have always had a garden since I can remember until we moved here to Logan. Our yard did not have a spot for a garden so last year I put together a grow box. It was very convenient and we didn't have to weed much at all but it just wasn't the same so . . . when Whitney took out that tree in our back yard, it left a nice big hole with sun and water! Yes - the perfect spot for a garden EXCEPT for the rocky (I MEAN ROCKY!!) soil! I decided that was easy to take care of - haul in top soil. I called to get some and the nice lady said they would even deliver. I was excited to surprise Whitney. He was surprised plenty. A whole dump truck load of dirt showed up on our front drive way. Yup! We've been hauling barrels full for a week now, grateful for the workout and happy as can be (NOT). I appreciate Whitney's ability to understand and go with my ideas. (Well, not necessarily understand but go with). We are now getting a nice garden under way. I know I'm insane but I really do love the good earth. By the way, that is a title to a book I read years ago. It was a classic (The Good Earth -- I think by Pearl S. Buck) BUT - that is not why I love gardening. Happy Spring you all, Summer is going to hit with a vengeance soon so enjoy your planting while it's good!

2 comments:

The DeGooyer Tetrad said...

May certainly is a very busy month. It has been non-stop action. It will be nice when school is out so there won't be as much running around. I too appreciate gardening. It is in our blood but I also think it is in our spirit too. Gardening makes me feel closer to the Lord because I am helping things grow. Love ya.
Scott

Wills Family Blog said...

Yea Gardening. Not something I thought I would love since I hated it growing up, but now I love it too. I love to just putter in the yard with Ked and talk. I'm glad you have a spot again. Fun blog! You do a great job keeping up on it and journaling!

PUGH UNIVERSITY

PUGH UNIVERSITY
Students currently enrolled