Thursday, March 18, 2010

Marvelous March . . .

Yes - 'Tis True! March is here and before you blink, it will be gone!

We started the month out with special visitors from Lewiston, Idaho! Whitney's crew of friends came down for a "guys" weekend. I made them some Chicken Fried Steak, we visited Aggie Ice Cream and Gossner Dairy, they got a free tour of USU Campus, attended an Aggie B-Ball game (complete with Bill Spoat), and we (they were nice to invite me) saw the movie Sherlock Holmes (loved the movie). It was fun! (A side note - guys need to be alone with guys for it to be a proper "guys" get-a-way!) All you guy readers will know what I mean. As a family we just enjoyed asking the guys about their families and how everyone in Lewiston was doing.
























Something else - we also went to "clean the sink" at Angie's for FHE with some friends, the Haycock family. (This is a local restaurant and the sink is full of ice cream - it's a Man vs. Food Challenge). This is something we've wanted to do since we have moved to Logan. I have a list and we are slowly checking things off as we complete them. Someday perhaps I will share this list with all of you.























I'm also happy to share that I celebrated another year on this planet. It was a fun day of too many sweets to eat and a lot of phone calls from family and friends. A friend at school made me a cute bouquet of sugar cookie shamrocks, all my students were wearing my favorite color, and I had my favorite dessert - mint brownies!! I love having a birthday on St. Patty's Day as we always enjoy corn beef and cabbage, special lime salad, rolls, and lime sherbet floats. Traditions are the marrow of memories! Try it! Whitney and the kids made me a chocolate cake. That made the night complete.


1 comment:

DeGooyer Family said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope it was a nice one! =)

PUGH UNIVERSITY

PUGH UNIVERSITY
Students currently enrolled