Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Giving Tree . . .

Don't you just love the book, The Giving Tree? I love it so much, I translated it into Spanish when I was in High School. Wish I could find where I've filed it!

This is the season for gratitude. I would hope that I can hold such a season in my heart everyday. Some days I'm better at this than others. For now, I will share my most cherished gifts and as I do so, I hear an echo of all of you saying -- YES, me too!

Health!!
A wonderful family - immediate and extended
Freedom
A Beautiful World
An Education
My Testimony of Christ
Forgiveness
and Years and years of experiences which have made me who I am (good or bad)!

Let's also not over-look:

indoor plumbing (and 2 ply TP!)
automobiles
sticky fingers blowing kisses
and these blessed but curse provoking computers!!

November came and is going, going ... go n e ! !



The kids report that all is well. We were able to spend Thanksgiving with Whit's family in Green River, WY. We had a great time. Kaylee, Kendall, and Shannon discovered the fun of crossword puzzles. Weslie, Braden, and Landon felt redemption from having missed trick or treating as grandma had plenty of sweets.
I enjoyed a good book (hoorah! - The Gift by Richard Paul Evans) and Whitney finally got to watch a Dallas Cowboys game as is his favorite thing to do on Thanksgiving. From all of us to all of you --- THANKS for being a part of our lives!!

1 comment:

DeGooyer Family said...

Sweet post, Stacey! =) Maybe next year we can celebrate Thanksgiving with you guys! =)

PUGH UNIVERSITY

PUGH UNIVERSITY
Students currently enrolled