Monday, October 19, 2009

Just a bit of me . . .

Downloading pictures for this entry is just not going to happen tonight, I'm escaping the usual craziness of cleaning, prepping for tomorrow, and finishing up what was forgotten during the day. I thought I would just share some thoughts I have about what I find beautiful in this life (perhaps it will inspire some of you to start a list of your own).

Things that I love:
The patterns found in nature
Hiking to a tall and remote peak
Feeling the wind on my face
Singing a beautiful song
Feeling the rhythm of nature in my soul
Lightning storms in the solitude of night
The smell of the earth after a rain storm
A beautiful garden
The soft fur of a puppy
The vivid colors in the canyon during autumn
A good book that stays in your thoughts for a week
Words of wisdom
A clean joke with a touch of reality
Hugs, hugs, and hugs!
A warm cup of hot cocoa on a cold morning
Anonymous notes of love
Cotton Candy Sunsets
Sitting on the beach and watching the waves lap the shore
Hallmark commercials
A GOOD movie - the kind that makes you laugh, cry, and feel really good all at once
The freedom to make all the choices I want each day
Helping another learn something new
Learning something new
The Harvest Moon
challenging times which help me grow
reading to my children
being with my family

and last but certainly NOT least . . . HOPE!!

Happy Fall Ya'all! Isn't it great to be alive?!!

2 comments:

DeGooyer Family said...

What a great list! We have more in common than I ever knew! =)

Teresa said...

I love your list!!! Great post.

PUGH UNIVERSITY

PUGH UNIVERSITY
Students currently enrolled